Bottled water by numbers
Bottled water just isn’t the green option, it’s a fact. Replacing it with Waterlogic POU hot and cold water dispenser units is so much better for the environment.
Sources: World Wide Fund for Nature, Earth Policy Institute, Container Recycling Institute, CNN, E: The Environmental Magazine, Food & Water Watch.
- 1.5 million tons of plastic used globally each year for water bottles.
- 1.5 million barrels of oil required per year to make plastic bottles.
- 1,000 times the price: bottled water costs far more than tap water in many countries, yet may be no safer or healthier.
- 90% of what consumers pay goes on bottling, shipping, marketing and profit. Not on the water itself.
- 40% of bottled water begins as tap water.
- 90% of plastic water bottles end up as garbage.
- 1,000 years: the time it can take plastic bottles to degrade.
- 22 million tons of bottled liquid transported each year from their country of origin, ramping up CO2 emissions.