A: We can help you get safely up-and-running in no time. Follow these restart instructions before using your dispenser, machine or equipment for the first time and take a look at 'What is the best way to keep my Waterlogic dispenser clean?' for tips on maintaining enhanced hygiene and social distancing protocols:
- Turn your machine back on and allow at least one hour before using to provide sufficient time for the heating and cooling of the water to take place. Turn the water and CO2 gas supply back on if either has been turned off.
- Dispense a minimum of 5 litres/1 gallon each of ambient, cold and sparkling water, and 3 litres/0.6 gallons minimum of hot water. You may need to flush more water to meet taste preference. Dispose of the water.
- Flushing helps to remove stagnated water from the system. For sparkling units, flushing also clears any possible air bubbles that may have formed in the water lines. Changes in temperature and exposure to light can also affect taste and odour.
- Sanitise all external surfaces of the machine, including all nozzles/taps/tap handles, decals, drip trays and fonts using a food grade sanitiser such as AquaDosa.
- For dispensers using Reverse Osmosis, run these units every other day to keep the membranes fresh and primed, and to ensure that any water in the tank is used. Check tank pressures and re-pressurise if appropriate.
- For ice dispensers, dispose of any stored ice and the first set of freshly made ice before use.
- For coffee machines, please see the user manual for machine specific daily maintenance protocols and follow before use. In the absence of a user manual, please follow these simple steps: empty any coffee deposit trays that have any reminiscence of coffee granules; run at least 1 litre/0.2 gallons of hot water through the coffee machine by selecting hot water dispense; dispense 3-4 cups of coffee before using.
- Wash all glassware, re-usable bottles, carafes and other drinking vessels by hand using hot water and dishwashing liquid, then rinse. Place in a dishwasher or glass washer and run through two wash cycles to clear any residue.